Top Section Image


Protected Area Permit PAP for foreign Tourists

Foreign Tourist in a group of two or more can obtain PAP for a period of 30 days for all the 12 Approved Circuit of Arunachal Pradesh. However Circular no 449 (no 25022/24/2008-F-1) Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners Division), Govt. of India on dated 22nd January, 2015 has relaxed the entry of single foreign tourist to visit Tawang, West Kameng & Lower Subansiri District. As such, a single Tourist can obtain PAP from the competent authority.

The following authorities have been delegated the powers to issue a Protected Area Permit (PAP).

  • Ministry of Home Affairs.
  • All Indian Missions Abroad
  • FRROs at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Amritsar, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
  • Home Commissioner, Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
  • Resident Commissioner of Arunachal Pradesh at Delhi and
  • Secretary (Tourism).

NOTE: Prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs is necessary for the grant of PAP to the citizen of Afghanistan, China, Myanmar, Pakistan and foreign nationals of Pakistani origin.

Foreign Tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh shall have to pay USD $ 50 per head as Royalty to the Government of Arunachal Pradesh.